On Saturday, October 20, I moderated “The Future of Android Development” with a panel of XDA Recognized Developers consisting of:
- Elite Recognized DeveloperÂ Supercurio
- Elite Recognized DeveloperÂ Entropy512
- Recognized DeveloperÂ Agrabren
- Recognized Developer and Retired ModeratorÂ Decad3nce
- Elite Recognized Developer and Senior ModeratorÂ Chainfire
The session was attended by over 100 people, with standing room only. At one point there were over 130 people listening to some of our developers discuss their projects, what excites them about Android development, and what they see as the future of development on Android. Here are some highlights:
- Supercurio discussed Project Voodoo and what the evolution of the project looked like and what the future holds.
- Entropy512 shared with us his experience working with the Android kernel and Samsung Exynos processors, specifically about cpu_idle and how to utilize it properly without negatively affecting battery consumption.
- Agrabren told us about Disarmed Toaster, and his vision for that project which seeks to unite three flavors of Android into one ROM where you choose what you want on flash utilizing AROMA.
- Decad3nce took us into the world of being a Device Maintainer for CyanogenMod, namely the Samsung Epic 4G, and how the process works to submit and work with code.
- Chainfire schooled us on proper usages of SuperUser access within applications, as well as telling us about his FAAPT apk build-script optimizations, and finished with sharing his new project “CF-Auto-Root.”
Thanks goes out to the developers involved who helped make this presentation a success. If you weren’t there, you really missed a great session. Below you can find some pictures from the presentation. Those who would like relive the experience or feel like they were there can view the slide deck onÂ SlideShare.